Isthmus is one of New Zealand’s leaders in pioneering the design of significant projects across the country that influence the way people live, work and play.
We’ve pioneered an integrated practice, bringing architecture, landscape architecture and urban design together in a collaborative environment. It means more inspiring projects, the chance to make a difference and lots of excitement as we seek to advance land, people and culture.
Here’s the role:
- Collaboratively design residential masterplans with our inter-disciplinary team on a range of innovative greenfields and brownfields projects
- Manage feasibility analysis and budgeting through to delivery and production of detailed design and construction drawings to consent and build
- Lead client engagements and work closely with developers, council, engineers and consultants
- Lead projects and teams to drive innovation with award-winning, impactful solutions that extend and enrich places, people and communities
Do you have?
- Strong visioning and strategic design skills in residential masterplanning with a passion for placemaking and building healthy communities
- An understanding of a wide range of residential building typologies
- Strong technical skills across feasibility analysis, budget management and detailed design to subdivision and landuse consent stage, and EPA.
- A sound knowledge of the NZ planning environment
- Skilled in a range of design tools and methodologies, including design production using Adobe Suite, Autocad and ArchiCAD
- Effective leadership across clients, projects and teams
- A drive for excellence, innovation, and doing things differently
- A first degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture
What it’s like to work at Isthmus:
- You’ll join a design-led studio that’s filled to the brim with designers who love to create, collaborate and make a difference
- Personal growth is important and we’ll actively support your learning and development
- Work/life balance is encouraged and you’ll be offered things like flexible work hours, time in lieu, and our very own public holiday based around ‘Matariki’ – a day off and a special dinner we throw for the whole team and whānau
- You’ll enjoy a special supportive work culture that includes great team mates and lots of little extras like bike parks, fruit deliveries, team lunches, yoga, Friday after work drinks and much more.
If you’ve got a fresh approach to design and you’repassionate about taking a strategic view to create some of New Zealand’s best designed places, send us your CV with a portfolio of the work you’re proudest of.
Learn more about us and our current vacancies or check out some of our work at www.isthmus.co.nz